On the day of the feast of the Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos, the convent celebrated the 134th anniversary of the consecration of the Church of St. Mary Magdalene by Patriarch Nikodim of Jerusalem and All Palestine along with the Chief of the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission, Archimandrite Antonin (Kapustin). The consecration of the temple in 1888 was attended by Grand Duke Sergey Alexandrovich and his wife, Grand Duchess Elisaveta Feodorovna, whose holy relics now rest in this church.
Archimandrite Roman (Krassovsky) led the services. At the liturgy Fr. Roman was joined by the Mission clergy – Hieromonk Misail (Minin), Hieromonk Isychy (Bashirov), Priest Roman Gultyaev, pilgrim Hieromonk John from the Optina Compound in Moscow, and Hierodeacon Amphilochius (Mazur).
After the Divine Liturgy, a moleben was served to the Most Holy Theotokos and St. Roman the Melodist. Father Roman congratulated the choir on the singers feast and especially noted the difficulties of choir obedience. Then on behalf of the clergy, Hieromonk Isychy, addressed Fr. Roman with congratulations for the sake of his namesday and “many years” was sung.[foogallery id=”19754″]