On March 24 / April 6, the day of the fore-feast of the Annunciation, a panikhida was served at the grave of Archimandrite Antonin (Kapustin) located in the Ascension Church on the Mount of Olives, on the occasion of the anniversary of the repose of the “Great Builder” of Russian Palestine.
O. Antonin served as the head of the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission from 1865 to 1894 – the year of his death. During his ministry in the Holy Land, Fr. Antonin acquired places and built many churches and the buildings of the REM and the Imperial Orthodox Palestine Society (IOPS), including: the church and monastery of the Ascension of the Lord on the Mount of Olives, the church of St. Mary Magdalene in the Garden of Gethsemane, the monastery of the Holy Trinity in Hebron, the Gornensky monastery, the church of St. Tabitha in Jaffa and many other buildings and churches of the Mission.
The parents of Fr. Antonin – priest John and Mary were also commemorated.
Abbot Iona (Galishnikov) served the pannyhida. The head of the Mission, archimandrite Roman (Krassovsky) prayed at the memorial service along with abbess Barbara (Novikova) and the sisters of the convent.
Due to the occasion of the 40th day after the death of the sister of the monastery, the schema-nun Christina (Diab), who died on February 26, was also prayerfully remembered.